Hussein Mwinyi Biography
Hussein Ali Mwinyi is a politician and Member of Parliament for Kwahani constituency. Mwinyi is a CCM nominee for the presidency in Zanzibar in October 2020 and the current Minister of Defence and National Service.
Hussein Mwinyi Age
Born on 23rd December 1966 in Tanzania Mwinyi is 53 years old as of 2019.
Hussein Mwinyi Education
- 1994 – 1997: Ph.D., Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK.
- 1991 – 1997: Master’s Degree in Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK.
- 1985 – 1991: Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Marmara University Medical School, Istanbul Turkey.
- 1984 – 1985: Secondary education, ACSEE, Tambaza High School.
- 1982 – 1984: Secondary education, SchoolAzania Secondary School, CSEE, Azania Secondary School.
- 1977 – 1981: Primary education, CPEE, Manor House Junior School, Cairo, Egypt.
- 1972 – 1976: Primary education, CPEE, Oysterbay Primary School.
Hussein Mwinyi Family
Little is known about Mwinyi and his personal life. It is not known who and where his parents and siblings are.
Hussein Mwinyi Wife
The Tanzanian Politician is Happily married to Siti Mwinyi. The couple tied the knot in 1960 and have six sons and six daughters. Hussein is a son of Mrs. Siti Mwinyi and Ali Hassan Mwinyi a political veteran who served as the second president of the United Republic of Tanzania from 1985 to 1985.
Hussein Mwinyi Political Party
Hussein is an affiliate member of CCM Chama cha mapinduzi, the longest-ruling party in the history of Tanzania. the party is chaired by the current president John Pompe Magufuli.
Hussein Mwinyi Political Career
- Since 2015: Member of Parliament for Kwahani constituency.
- Since 2014: Minister of Defence and National Service
- 2010 – 2015: Member of Parliament for Kwahani constituency.
- 2008 – 2014: Minister of Defence and National Service.
- 2006 – 2008: Minister of Union Affairs, Office of the Vice President.
- Since 2005: Member of the National General Council, Chama Cha Mapinduzi, CCM.
- 2005 – 2010: Member of Parliament for Kwahani constituency.
- 2000 – 2005: Deputy Minister of Health.
- 2000 – 2005: Member of Parliament for Kwahani constituency.
- Since 2000: Member of Kwahani /Mkuranga Political Committee, Chama Cha Mapinduzi, CCM.
Hussein Mwinyi CCM
CCM’s National Executive Committee (NEC) sitting in Dodoma has picked Defence Minister, Dr. Hussein Mwinyi, as the presidential candidate for Zanzibar today July 10M 2020. Dr Mwinyi won the intra-party vote which was chaired by the party’s national Chairman President John Magufuli by a huge margin.
The victor is the son of former president Ally Hassan Mwinyi and defeated former Zanzibar Chief Minister Shamsi Vuai Nahodha and former Finance and Planning minister Khalid Salum Mohamed.
Dr. Mwinyi got 129 votes (78.65 per cent) while Mr. Vuai got 16 votes and Dr Khalid Mohamed got 19.
A Special Committee of NEC in Zanzibar earlier on selected and submitted five names for the top position in the Isles to the CC for vetting. The five names were Dr Mwinyi, Mr. Khalid, Mr Vuai, water minister in the Union government, Mr. Makame Mnyaa, and Khamis Mussa Omar.On Thursday, July 10, 2020, the CC finally endorsed the top three nominees who were forwarded to NEC for voting today, July 10, 2020.
Mwinyi won the inter-party elections by over 78 percent, in a vote that was supervised by President John Pombe Magufuli.Dr. Mwinyi the son of the second President of Tanzania Ali Hassan Mwinyi floored Mr. Shamsi Vuai Nahodha and Dr. Khalid Mohamed to win the ticket.
Mr. Vuai got 16 votes, Dr Mohamed garnered 19 votes whereas Dr. Mwinyi amassed 129 votes.The party’s National Executive Council had earlier submitted five names for the top position pin the isles to the Central Committee and three names were thereafter considered for nominations.
In March this year, Tanzanian President John Magufuli said the country’s October 2020 general elections will be held as planned despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hussein Mwinyi Networth
Mwinyi’s Networth is estimated at $1 Million or more.