Kathy Burke Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Family, Illness, Movies and TV Shows, Awards, Net Worth
Kathy Burke Biography
Kathy Burke is an actress, comedian, producer, and director from England. She is well known for making appearances on sketch shows such as French and Saunders. These shows are written and named after two starring comedy actors, Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders.
She has had continuous collaborations with fellow comedian Harry Enfield. In 1997, She won the best actress award at the Cannes Film Festival.
Kathy Burke Age, Height
Burke is 57 years old as of 2021. He was born on 13th June 1964, in Camden Town, London, England. She celebrates her birthday every 13th of June, her birth sign is Gemini.
- Date of Birth; 13th June 1964
- Age: 57 years
- Birth sign: Gemini
Kathy Burke Height, Weight
Burke stands at a height of 5 feet 3 inches tall (1.60 meters) .
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches (1.60 meters)
- Weight: N/A
Kathy Burke Husband, Partner
There is no information about Burke’s husband. She has never brought to the public any details about her relationship. However, this section is under review and will be once the information is found.
Kathy Burke Family, Parents
Burke was raised by her parents in Islington, London. She has two elder brothers. When she was two years old, her mother, Bridget (Bridie) died of cancer. As a result, she went on to live with her father, Patrick who was a builder.
Kathy Burke Illness
In 2007, Burke went for an operation in a hospital. While undergoing the operation in the theater room, she contracted Clostridium Difficile. This resulted in her passing directing duties on “Dying for It” at the Almeida Theatre which starred Charlie Condou and Sophie Stanton who she worked with on Gimme.
Kathy Burke Career
Burke’s first-ever role was in 1982 from a film called Scrubbers. The film was directed by Mai Zetterling, and an actress from Sweeden together with Pam St. Clement, Miriam Margolyes, Robbie Coltrane, Honey Bane, Eva Mottley, and Debby Bishop.
She then became familiar with TV audiences as minor roles player in sketches by better-known actors such as Harry Enfield, Dawn French, and Jennifer Saunders.
She rapidly became successful in her own path and although mainly associated with comedy, she has played various important roles including that of Queen Mary I of England in Elizabeth.
Kathy Burke Movies and Television Shows
- The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice
- School of Roars
- Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie
- 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown
- Have I Got News for You
- Flushed Away
- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Kathy Burke Awards
- 1994 Royal Television Society Award Best Actress Mr. Wroe’s Virgins (Won)
- 1997 Cannes Film Festival Best Actress Nil By Mouth (Won)
- 1997 British Independent Film Award Best Actress Nil by Mouth (Won)
- 1998 Bafta Film Awards Best Actress Nil By Mouth (Nominated)
- 1998 Bafta TV Awards Best Actress Tom Jones (Nominated)
- 1998 Bafta TV Awards Best Light Entertainment Performance Harry Enfield & Chums (Nominated)
- 1999 BAFTA TV Awards Best Light Entertainment Performance Harry Enfield’s Yule log Chums (Nominated)
- 2001 BAFTA TV Awards Best Comedy Performance Gimme Gimme Gimme (Nominated)
- 2002 BAFTA TV Awards Best Comedy Performance Gimme Gimme Gimme (Nominated)
- 2002 British Comedy Awards Best Comedy Actress Gimme Gimme Gimme (Won)
Kathy Burke Net Worth
Burke has an estimated net worth of $5 million as of 2021.