Roilo Golez Biography, Wife, Children, Net Worth, Death (1947-2018)
Roilo S. Golez Biography
|Roilo Golez (Rogelio Solis Golez) was a Phillipine politician born on 9th January 1947 in Looc, Romblon, Philippines. He is a former congressman who last served his sixth term as Member of the Philippine House of Representatives representing the Second District of Parañaque City. He died on 11th June 2018 due to heart attack.|
|Member of the Philippine House of Representatives from Parañaque City‘s Second District|
June 30, 2004 – June 30, 2013
|Preceded by||Eduardo Zialcita|
|Succeeded by||Gustavo S. Tambuting|
|Member of the Philippine House of Representatives from Parañaque City’s Lone District|
June 30, 1992 – June 30, 2001
|Preceded by||Freddie Webb|
|Succeeded by||Eduardo Zialcita|
|Born||He was born on 9th January 1947 in Looc, Romblon, Philippines|
|Died||He died on 11th June 2018 (aged 71) in Parañaque, Metro Manila, Philippines due to a heart attack.|
|Political party||Liberal Party (2010-2018)
|Wife||His wife was Natalia Golez|
Roilo Golez Education Background and Career
His father was a Philippine Naval Captain. He grew up in a low cost government housing project and was a product of public schools. Golez went to the Philippine Military Academy and US Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree, major in arithmetic and tasks examination.
While at Annapolis, he excelled in academics, leadership and sports. He was consistently in the Superintendent’s Honor List. He was chosen company commander, a high position in the Brigade of Midshipmen and was a unit boxing champion for four straight years, setting up a record as the first to accomplish this accomplishment since the Academy was built up in 1845. Up until now, just fourteen sailors have won four brigade boxing titles in the academy’s history.
After Annapolis, Golez took up Master in Business Administration (MBA) in the University of the Philippines where he graduated valedictorian of his class.
Golez choose to follow his career acting as a public servant which she served for many years.
Three years as Postmaster General of the Philippines, where he got the prestigious Ten Outstanding Young Men Award (TOYM) for public service excellence.
Three years as a member of the Philippine Cabinet, filling in as National Security Adviser, supervising the nation’s counterterrorism and national security program.
- fifteen years as Congressman of the Republic of the Philippines.
- Twenty years as legislative head of the Philippine National Red Cross, where he got the Bayani Red Cross Gold Medal Award for gallantry and fortitude.
- One year as national president of the Boy Scouts of the Philippines.
- Two years as fund campaign chairman of the Philippine Cancer Society.
- Four years as division fund campaign chairman of the Philippine Tuberculosis Society.
- Two years as chairman of the Elks Cerebral Palsy Project.
- Four years as governor of the Management Association of the Philippines.
- Twenty years as a Rotarian of the Rotary Club of Manila.
- Two years as national president of the Amateur Boxing Association of the Philippines.
- Two years as president of the Philippine Olympic Academy.
- Five years as a member of the board of trustees of the St. Luke’s Medical Center.
- Forteen years as a Philippine Navy officer, reaching the rank of navy captain (full colonel in the army).
- Four years as professor in the Master in Business Administration Program of the University of the Philippines.
- Five years as professor of management in the Asian Institute of Management.
Roilo Golez Wife
He was married to Natial Golez
Roilo Golez Children and Grand Children
He has two children Parañaque Vice Mayor Rico Golez and Guada Golez.
Roilo Golez Net Worth
Golez had an accumulation of assets from properties and salary through his career. However the value is not in the public domain.
Roilo Golez Death
He died on 11 June 2018, after suffering a heart attack, aged 71 years. His son Parañaque Vice Mayor Rico Golez confirmed the news of his death.
The late statesman died of a heart attack, House Majority Leader Rodolfo Fariñas said.
“It is with sadness that I post here that Danny Suarez just called me with the information that our former colleague, ROILO ‘ROY’ GOLEZ, passed away due to heart attack,” the Ilocos Norte congressman said in a statement.
Some reactions from Twitter
Such a terrible loss for this country.
Sir Roilo Golez was a voice of reason and dissent at a time when so many retired military officials choose to remain silent over the injustice and agression being commited against the Philippines in the South China Sea.
— Jamela Alindogan (@jamelaaisha) June 11, 2018
The sudden and untimely demise of @roilogolez should make us all consider to GO-less in 2019.
PH should not compromise on its choice of leaders.
From the towering Roilo, who didn't even attempt to seek a Senate post, to the Special Ass Bong?
Naman. Simply unacceptable.
— Albert C. Lim (@limbertqc) June 11, 2018
PRAYER FOR ROILO GOLEZ
Eternal Father, strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who bidd'st the mighty ocean deep
Its own appointed limits keep;
Oh, hear us when we cry to Thee,
For those in peril on the sea. AMEN
Thank you for your service.
Smooth sailing, Sir. pic.twitter.com/9zHVYMyMpz
— ALT_AsecMargauxUson (@AsecMargauxUson) June 11, 2018