Vukile Mehana Bio, Wiki, Age, Wife, Education, Net Worth, Sexist Audio, ANC Chaplaincy
Vukile Mehana Wiki
Vukile Mehana Bio
Vukile Charles Mehana is a 66 years former Chairman-National Chaplaincy at African National Congress.
He received an MBA from De Montfort University, a doctorate from the University of Johannesburg and an undergraduate degree from Rhodes University.
Vukile Mehana Age
|66 years as of 2018; born in 1952|
Vukile Mehana Salary / Net Worth
|His Total Remunaration for the Fiscal Year 2018 was R436,000|
Vukile Mehana Biography
Vukile Mehana’s business career began in 1990 as the Founding Executive Director of the National Economic Education Trust; whereafter he was appointed as Group Executive of Human Resources at National Sorghum Breweries.
Mehana is an Adjunct Professor of the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business, where he lectures on a part-time basis. He is a Professor Extraordinarius of the Cranfield College and a Dispute Resolution Panelist for Tokiso.
Mehana holds Top Management Program Certificate on Public Enterprises from the National University of Singapore. He obtained a Master Class Certificate from London Graduate School. Mehana attended the A.M.P. at INSEAD Business School, France and earned a D.Phil. from the University of Johannesburg, M.B.A. degree from De Montfort University and B.Th. Degree from Rhodes University. He completed his Ph.D. from the University of Johannesburg, DBA, Honoris Causa from Commonwealth University.
Vukile Mehana Career
Vukile Mehana serves in various companies as listed below;
- Group General Manager of Black Economic Empowerment at ABSA Bank and a Senior Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer of the Development Bank of Southern Africa.
- Group Chairman of Sizwe Africa IT Group Proprietary Limited. Chairman of Mendo Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
- Chairman of Mazwe Financial Services.
- Non-Executive Independent Chairman and Non-Executive Independent Director of Premier Food and Fishing Limited since 1st February 2017.
- Non-Executive Chairman at Mustek Limited since 2nd February 2016. Non-Executive Chairman of J & C Engineering (Pty) Ltd.
- Independent Non-Executive Chairman of African Equity Empowerment Investments Limited since November 2014. Independent Non-Executive Director of the firm since 8th August 2007.
- Executive Director of Enterprise Development at African Equity Empowerment Investments Limited (Also known as Sekunjalo Investments Limited) since August 2007.
- Chairman of Community Schemes Ombud Service.
Chairman of LR Management Group (Pty) Ltd., Sizwe IT Group Board, LRMG Performance Agency.
- Non-Executive Chairman of Mazwe Financial Services.
Chairman of Sekunjalo Corporate Management Board.
- Non-Executive Chairman of Modjadji African Empowerment Consortium Ltd. and Umkhankhaso iKapa Investments Ltd.
- Chairman of LR Group (Pty) Ltd. and South African Police Services Transformation Task Team.
- Non- Executive Chairman of MacDonald Steel (Pty) Ltd. and a Member of the Board of Directors of Bulktrans, apart from other companies. Chairman of the National Home Builders Registration Council.
- Non-Executive Director of the Ex-Political Prisoners Trust.
- Non-Executive Director of Makana Investment Corporation.
- Director at Sekunjalo Technology Solutions Group (Pty) Ltd. and espAFRIKA (Pty) Ltd.
- Non-Executive Member of the Board of National Lotteries Board Sport and Recreation Distribution Agency.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Jakavula Investments (Pty) Ltd, Amakapa Holdings (Pty) Ltd and Steel (Pty) Ltd.
- Non-Executive Director of Debcor (Pty) Ltd. since 2000.
Vukile Mehana Sexist Comments
Vukile Mehana audio recording making the rounds on social media reveals a conversation between Mehana and Raymond Sibanga expressing sexists comments about women in the ministry. It is not clear when the conversation took place; however, they started making round in early January 2019. The African National Congress (ANC) says it will look into the controversy surrounding Mehena who serves as the Chaplain-General Reverend.
The party pulled Mehana out of its celebrations planned for Durban on 8th January 2019. He was set to officiate the celebrations.
In the audio recording, The men are heard blasting women priests, suggesting that their gender identity makes them incapable of performing the role.
Mehana has since come under fire with the views being condemned by the Methodist Church and the South African Council of Churches.
ANC acting spokesperson Zizi Kodwa released a statement which read: “We are concerned, that’s why we’re saying in the statement that we’ve noted with disappointment. The ANC leadership will soon discuss the matter and if there is a possible candidate for replacement. We don’t want to deal with the matter as well as the coming events of the ANC. The church has accepted our notion that he should not officiate the upcoming events of the ANC.”
Communiqué on Rev Dr Mehana and Raymond Sibanga’s Recording pic.twitter.com/Gv5UWsxVNT
— WESLEY GUILD (SA) (@WesleyGuildSA) December 31, 2018